Thursday, November 6, 2014

Dying In Every Way Or Living Every Day?

I was talking with an individual this week that thought certain drugs cannot kill. I replied that although one is not killed instantaneously, parts of the body shut down little by little, and the consumer of such drugs does, essentially, die a slow death.

The answer I got in return to this was not one I expected. In fact, I did not expect the individual to answer at all. Counter to these expectations, however, I was reminded that everything, even air, slowly kills. I did not really know how to respond after that, and just as the convo dwindled, so did the memory from my mind-until now, that is.

Minutes ago, I was reviewing my church notes from last week, and in them I found a verse from 2 Corinthians. Chapter four, verse twelve says, "Death is at work in us; life in you."

As soon as I read this I realized how right my acquaintance had been when claiming that everything we interact with only brings us closer to death! The neat thing for Christians though, is that this does not really have an affect! Because a free gift of eternity has been offered, I can live without my soul faltering a day in my life!

I am humbled by this unintentional reminder of how Christ has given life to a dying world, and I am thankful for the opportunity to testify that the death dwelling in others can be vanquished as well!