Monday, July 27, 2015

Liebster Award


Honored to have been nominated for this year's Liebster Award by Beth, from The Adventures of An Elven Princess! *Apparently I was nominated last year by her too. I didn't even know.* What a handy time this nomination came at too, if I must say so myself. Didn't have as disciplined a writing day on Friday as I would've liked, and because of that, I've been hesitant to post what little I've written. So, without any further ado, I present to you the rules:
  1. Answer the eleven questions of the tagger.
  2. Share eleven facts about yourself.
  3. Nominate up to eleven other bloggers.
  4. Ask those nominees 11 new questions.
Here are my answer's to Beth's eleven questions:

1. What is the best memory of 2015 you have so far? Riding in the car with my friend, destination-less.

2. What book are you currently reading? Scribbling in the Sand: Christ and Creativity, by Michael Card. *I'm almost done with it!*

3. Scissors or tape? Tape. It's more safe, plus I like putting things together more than I like taking them apart.

4. What does the ideal weather forecast look like to you? Partly cloudy, with a chance of afternoon drizzle. In the mid-70s. 

5. Is there anything you hate that almost everyone else loves? The Fault In Our Stars. Sorry, but I read the first chapter and it was absolute trash. The story's been done so many times before, and the theme of love and dying justifying immoral actions just makes me upset. I don't get all the hype.

6. TV shows or movies? I used to be a movies type of girl, but within the last three years or so, I've become more of a binge-watching, TV show-loving kind.

7. What's your favorite type of exercise? Swimming. 

8. Would you like to live on a different continent than your current one, and if so, which one? Well, I'd like to live in Japan, so Asia. 

9. Soda can or plastic bottle? Plastic bottle. I like being able to see what I'm drinking. 

10. What do you think is the best perk of technology? Reading with the lights out.

11. Do you have a favorite "vintage" movie? Little Women or the Secret Garden. I also like A Little Princess. 

And eleven facts about me:

1. I hope to get a degree in Graphic Design and do freelance work as well as design covers and book jackets for novels.
2. I love thrifting. 
3. When I was little I wanted to be a vet. 
4. The only way I think cooked carrots taste alright is if they have a little syrup on them. *Elf much?*
5. My favorite verse is James 1:2-4.
6. I don't have the greenest of thumbs. But I still like plants, especially cacti, herbs, and succulents.
7. I like climbing trees, but heights and ticks keep me from going too far. 
8. I'm just going to be honest. I'm not the best of cooks either. Mainly due to lack of experience. 
9. I love art history. Hit me up with a meme of a famous work and you'll have me laughing for days. 
10. Secondhand Serenade is my all time favorite band. 
11. Babysitting's my least favorite thing to do. Ever. 


1. Best piece of writing advice (can be your own or someone else's)?
2. Weirdest job you've ever considered?
3. Favorite summer activity?
4. Favorite color sceme? 
5. Favorite cartoon?
6. Secret hobby/hidden talent?
7. Superpower and sidekick you wish you had?
8. Least favorite color and why? 
9. Favorite singer/songwriter?
10. Favorite aspect of blogging?
11. Your greatest motivation?

Well, I've gone through all the rules now. I hope you enjoy reading and participating! Can't wait to see everyone's answers and questions!