Monday, July 20, 2015

Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan, and Naruto

There have been lots of developments since I last blogged about anime. I've finished season one of Sword Art Online, watched all of Attack on Titan, and started Naruto. The love triangles and overall storyline made Sword Art pretty great. I liked AOT well enough, but lovers of it may not like me too much if I were to give it a full review. So I'll just give this picture instead.


It's safe to say AOT's not my favorite, but I've still been fangirling over this live-action trailer for days.

Hanji and maneuvering devices look especially cool!

And if it says anything to attest to how much I like Naruto, I've started a fanfiction. I'm not sure where it's going to go (especially since I'm only halfway through the first season and trying to avoid spoilers). But since I've received no feedback yet on Wattpad (User: @gelus_love), I'm thinking about posting what I have so far on here (maybe next week or the following). The title and cover are still a work in progress, but here's the description if you're interested: "History has a way of repeating itself. Can Nuro and his colleagues live out their parent's legacy?"

Speaking of Naruto, I picked this up the other day.


It reminded me of the purple rope bow that Orochimaru wears. *Could this be the beginning of my cosplay adventures??*




I want to spray paint it purple and wear it upside down on a hat or coat or something. I even contemplated making a wrist wrap to pin it on, but I'm afraid I lack the confidence and skills to actually put one together. Any other ideas of what I can do with it?

I have another anime craft idea or two that you guys might be interested in. Again, I'm saving that for another post or posts. I hate to do that, but I have too many ideas to fit together at once, and I have to stay organized somehow. This way, you have some things to look forward to!

In the mean time, I would really like to interact with my readers on here, so if you have one, please comment your Wattpad name and favorite anime! If you'd like to interact beyond this blog, follow me on Twitter (User: @maggieschoepke). I typically live tweet about Falling Skies, my love/hate relationship with Mayday Parade, and pictures like the one you see below.